Friday, May 19, 2006

Sharp Dressed Man

Don't worry you're at the right place. Unless you didn't mean to get here then your fucked. I've had that old stale template for a year. I've been meaning to change, but never got around to it. No excuses, I'm just lazy. I finally had a little free time between projects and actually had an idea. It would have been the greatest blog in the world. No, not this one. This is a tribute to the idea I had. I couldn't remember the original idea. Look at us, one and one make two and two and one make three. It was destiny. Sorry, I'll stop with the Tenacious D lyrics. From now on the “Daily Motivation” will be on the left side under the flaming lone star. You'll notice the side bar has gone to either drop downs and scrollers. Maybe I went overboard I just like the way they look. You'll notice I added my wallpaper links straight on this site instead having to click multiple times. I also updated the look for the anti-housewife mafia. Hope you members like it. The rocker smashing up his guitar at the top is Kurt Cobain applied with a little effect using illustrator. I also included some pictures of me and Crazy Dan with a drawing type of effect in Photoshop. If anyone is interested I may do a tutorial on how you can create that same effect. The tag at the top is hard to read on purpose it's the whole grunge feel I was trying for it says version 3 to signify this is my third template for this site. I'm not sure if it is possible to have a grunge feel with a clean look, it sort of defeats the purpose of grunge, but this is my attempt. I may add things as I see fit, it's still missing something in the sidebar, but for now this is it. Like it hate it, what do you think?

11 comments:

christine said...

i don't know what your other template looked like, but this one's great.

Crazy Dan said...

I think it kicks ass you are the fucking MAN!!! THE MAN I TELL YOU!

Metal Mark said...

I like it, but I think that I liked your old one better.

Big D said...

Christine: Thank you.

CD: Thank you:

Metal Mark: Interesting. Someday I need to build you a metal one.

phred said...

I LIKE it.
Sometimes, change is Good.
Not to be critical..but would a little more color in the background ( just a little ), be a problem or interfere the text?
The flag is cool.

phred said...

P.S. THANKS for fixin my template.. you the man.

Johnny Wadd said...

Awesome new look!

:P fuzzbox said...

I think it is your best template to date. I love it. And the photos, with the drawing effects are awesome. Crazy Dan said it best, 'You are THE FUCKING MAN!'

Big D said...

Phred. You're not the only one whose said that about the white. I didn't do anything to your template. You never sent me the code. I gues whatever was causing it was removed. most likely it was a picture in your post and it was moved to the archives after a reason post you made.

Johnny Wadd: Thanks.

Mimi said...

I like the new look. The drawing style pics of you two rock. I am glad you said that was Cobain cause I was wondering till I got to that part.I LOVE todays daily motivation. They really do put that kinda shit in instructions. Unfortunatley some fucktards really need it there.

Breezy said...

hey, i like this one better, it downloads a lot faster for those of us with slow ass connections :) plus it looks sharp