Thursday, June 01, 2006

Intervention: Fuzzbox

Some of you readers have come over from Blugstuff or read both blogs. Today I’m here to ask for your help. I believe an intervention is necessary. Yes, fuzz is addicted to blogging. I believe this addiction is starting to not only affect his life, but his speech and actions. I’ve known for awhile he might be getting a little too carried away, how can one person write three blogs and still have time to drink and watch sports? His conversions contain phrases like:
  • I wrote about that on my blog a few days ago.
  • I read about that on a blog from my blog roll.
  • Hi my name is Fuzzbox.
  • Most people just call me Fuzz.
  • I heard this funny joke on a blog.
  • My friend (insert crazy blog name)
  • Did you hear about (insert crazy blog name)
  • I really feel for (insert crazy blog name)

I kept silent trying to be an understanding brother; however, I can no longer do this. When visiting him yesterday afternoon, I noticed he was even reading about blogging in “Blogging for Dummies”. I looked skeptically at my older brother, and asked if he was learning anything. He replied a little. I think I may do a podcast. They sound like a hoot. Let me repeat that “They sound like a HOOT.” My God! What has happened? This is the man that taught Crazy Dan and I every curse word and the meaning in pre-k. The guy that broke my twin brother’s finger and took ME to the movies instead. Something must be done to halt this affliction. I urge you fellow bloggers to go to his main blog, Blugstuff and urge him to take a break. What’s next I ask you?


_________________________________________________

Trying to help the ones you love is sometimes very difficult, this loving plea was deleted by an angry and vengeful Fuzzbox. Why can't you see we only want to help you.

I know how your feeling. There are great reasons to blog, but those reasons should not be blogging in order to fit in better with the crowd, or blogging to forget your problems. Blogging a way of numbing one's senses when one wants to run away, but there's nowhere to run. Some people blog to calm their conscience because they can't live with the choices they made in their lives. Sometimes people blog in hopes that the problems and challenges they are facing in their daily lives will go away and while it's true that time heals a lot of wounds, most problems won't go away by blogging them away. When the person gets off the blog, the problems are still there and often times they've become bigger and more painful. Fuzz, I know this is tough for you but know that I will be there for you and help you take those first steps toward recovery. We love you bro and only want what's best for you.

31 comments:

Mimi said...

I am glad you are concerned for your brother. But I love Fuzz and do not want him to go away :( I can always count on him for a smile! And I am just as guilty with the blogging. I am just as involved and talk about it a lot. Except I do not have a copy of Blogging for Dummies,lol.

Crazy Dan said...

Yes the time has come for an intervention... does that mean free beer?

Jaime said...

live and let blog

Green Eyes said...

Did someone say free beer?

I'm ok with Fuzz taking a small break, like a day or two, but that's it!

Although, the whole "hoot" thing, concerns me a tad, lol.

The Phoenix said...

I posted about this very issue a while back...

Jamie said...

Wait, there's free beer involved? I'm only in for free beer...

Best way to cure a blog addiction is to sleep with a fellow blogger and try to keep it a secret. There's not a whole lot you will want to blog about OTHER than your secret, and since you can't blog that...

Truuuust me. Works.

Sherri said...

awww.... I would miss fuzz's blog if he did quit.

Curare_Z said...

And here I thought you were just worried about his obsession with his redneck neighbor....

Jacquie said...

You scared me, I was like, shit, how can I help I only know fuzz from other people's comments pages?(Today was the first time I commented on his page)

I think I would be classified as an enabler and fellow addict, not sure if I could be much help.

If he really said the word hoot, it's reached a crisis point and you should probably take some drastic action in debauchery.

Great post..

Pixie said...

Nahh Fuzz would be missed too much if he stopped blogging.I'm with Curare I thought the problem was the redneck neighbour obsession LOL.

Big D said...

Mimi: Not go away for good just a break.

Crazy Dan: Only if you’re buying.

Jaime: Sometimes there is a point where blogging is actually blogging. It’s true.

Green eyes: Like I said a break. Yea, “hoot” is very concerning.

The Phoenix: Really. I think more information should be out there about the addiction and dangers of blogging.

The other Jaime: I will pass along you feeling to the Fuzz.

Sherri: Not quit.

Curare: That too is worrisome.

Jacquie: Thanks for you concern Jacquie. Hoot, if that’s not a cry for help. I don’t know what is.

Pixie: Again the misinterpretation. We don’t want to deprive you of your Fuzz. We just want him to blog healthy and safely.

guerrilla blogger said...

i read on my blog that :pfuzzbox and his blog are having issues and you are going to have an intervention on your blog, so i came here to your blog to help out a brother...hell yes i want to help...blogging is a problem that affects many people, i know this cause i read about it on a bunch of blogs....i offer my support....

Angry Joyce said...

Thanks guys for you support and your efforts. Someday Fuzz will Thank You.

ozymandiaz said...

I'm with you man. I have nothing agianst addictions but when something interferes with beer and sports, there is something wrong. I knew something was wrong as his content of hot babe pics had fallen off sharply...

Big D said...

Guerrilla Blogger: Exactly, yet sadly this issue continues to go unnoticed and untreated.

Angry Joyce: I'm sure he will. Are you doing ok in these trying times? We wish you only the best.

Ozy: I didn't even notice that. Are there no bounds to these crippling disease?

:P fuzzbox said...

Wow, I am so impressed. You have actually attempted to use spell check and use correct grammer. Maybe it is you that needs an intervention.

Crazy Dan said...

Even though those words are harsh we can see that there is a tiny glimer of hope that you are reading these words can only mean that we are getting through to you.

Big D said...

Fuzz: This is just a defensive mechanism I know it's not us you're angry at. We’re going to help you thru this tough time. God bless you brother, I know you’re going to be ok.

TNChick said...

You're a hoot!

-PM :)

phred said...

FREE BEER ??

Hmmmmm.
Of course I will help...

Free beer helps me think better..so I will have to have some beer before I can come up with a solution...

Princess Pessimism said...

Youve come to the right place...ive worked in counselling for 5 years. LOL!!! Although, the interventions i've been to never had free beer...yours sounds WAY better.

Big D said...

tnchick: You poor soul. Help is there.

phred: I know you'd be there for fuzz.

princess pessimism: Finally a professional.

Catch said...

who do you think gave Fuzz the idea of getting the book "blogging for dummies? It was me! And I think Fuzz is much like me..if Im gonna blog Im gonna do it right!! I dont think you need to worry about Fuzz, most of us read his blog everyday! I am thinking this may be a case of sibling rivalry?

BTW..thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...please dont be a stranger.

Big D said...

Catch: I see you too have come down with this afflection.

Keshi said...

LOL and boy I was worried he's ill or something!

Na I love Fuzzy too much so dont make his blog life suffer plzzzz...;-)


Keshi.

RAVEN the PITA said...

Awww let him be D - Angry Joyce will keep him in line if he gets too obsessed ;-)

angel, jr. said...

I agree, an intervention is necessary. Can it involve some beer and chips?

phred said...

Me thinks a night of debauchery is what the Dr. ordered for Fuzz.

Please advise Angry Joyce of this medical emergency.

Haste is of the essence, lest his brain turn to blugmush.

dragonflyfilly said...

i was actually getting a bit worried about you crazy d, then i read all the other comments, and i agree, free beer is good. so i'm all for the intervention. but i'm going over to Fuzz to find out what he thinks about it as well. also, i'm wondering if it will be American beer or Canadian, or perhaps Japanese?

cheers, and yes, you are a good brother
pj

the weirdgirl said...

I think we should start a support group... is everyone OK with doing it online?

dragonflyfilly said...

i don't like "doing it" online...but that's just me...go ahead w/o me...

so i checked with Fuzzy, and i don't think he is too excited about the intervention....

cheers,
pj