note: I decided I didn't like the pictures so I just left the beer one.
Alright it was time to go to the small town grocery store to pick up the ingredients.
• 1 pound spaghetti (easy enough)
• Salt (Sweet this one says HOT salt. Lets try it.)
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (I thought maybe some whore virgin olive oil would spice it up, but I couldn’t find any.)
• 3 slices smoky bacon
• 1 pound ground sirloin (How about just some hamburger meat smart ass!)
• 1 medium onion (I can steal one from my parents garden)
• 3 to 4 cloves garlic
• Ground black pepper (Check it out, pizza pepper flakes!)
• 2 teaspoons hot sauce (How about half a cup of Tabasco and two teaspoons of Louisiana chipotle)
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 cup beer (What my beer? I’ll steal one from Dad.)
• 1 can crushed fire roasted tomatoes (Fancy bastard how about some plain crushed tomatoes?)
• 1 can, tomato sauce
• 8 ounces sharp Cheddar (I love Cheese)
• 4 scallions (Sweet, I’ll steal this too from my parents garden.)
What no garlic bread? Are you commies? I’ll grab some cheesy garlic bread. mmmm cheesy toasted garlic bread. I know I’ll add some jalapeños too.
So now we’re set. Let’s see if I can follow directions.
Heat a pot of water to a boil. (Shit, this ain’t no thing.)
Add spaghetti and salt the water. Cook to al dente or with a bite to it. (What the fuck does al dente mean. I bet it means add hot sauce and I have that HOT salt. I’m a fucking genius!)
Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat. (I got this covered!)
Add extra-virgin olive oil and bacon. Brown and crisp bacon, 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon. (Also make sure to umm... taste test the bacon.)
Drain off a little excess fat if necessary. Leave just enough to coat the bottom of the skillet. (mmmmmm fat…)
Add beef and crumble it as it browns, 3 to 4 minutes. (Can you not say hamburger meat?)
Chop onions, garlic and stir into meat (chop and add a few jalapeños too.). Season the meat with salt and pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire. (Kill me with the directions all ready.)
Add 1/2 cup beer (to belly pour the rest in skillet) and deglaze the pan. (What does deglaze mean? I’ll skip this step.)
Cook 5 to 6 minutes more then stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Add hot spaghetti to meat and sauce and combine.
Adjust seasonings and serve up pasta in shallow bowls. (Time to eat! I know, I’ll call dad he’ll eat anything!)
Grate some cheese over the pasta and sprinkle with scallions. Garnish with crisp bacon. (I was supposed to take the bacon out of the pan? Fuck! Oh well, it’s all going to the same place.)
Even though I didn’t know what al dente meant or how to deglaze a pan it turned out to be CRAZY TASTY! My lips had a nice burn to them after eating this stuff. So make sure you can handle hot foods. This is for fire eaters!
Till next time!