Just when I thought I'd seen everything something new comes along. While surfing around BE I came across this "Consumers Awareness Guide to Safety & Designer Eyewear" That's right a blog purely based on the safety of eye wear. I mean there is pretty much everything on here a anal retentive person would want to know. I learned about eye wear safety the hard way as a kid thru experience so the lessons are mute for me, but maybe they can help you.
1. Don't poke yourself in the eye with the ear pieces. It hurts.
2. Glasses do not protect you from BB or pellet guns.
3. When playing dodge ball it's best to take your glasses off. Even if you can't see because even the most inept player seems to be able to hit you in the face and break your glasses. I think dodge balls have a built in glass seeker, but this is unconfirmed.
4. When welding you still have to wear a welding helmet.
5. Just because they are glasses doesnt mean they are SAFTEY glasses.
6. When wearing glasses be careful around hot women they like to throw you down and get on top of you. So make sure a comfortable surface is available like a couch or a bed.
Just take a look at this months vanity fair with Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley. click for a larger image it's 1024 x 768 a great wallpaper.