Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Baby Dolls




Notice anything funny about the above news clipping? This highlight came from yesterday's Lubbock Avalanche Journal, a local newspaper. The news story is about Baby Dolls, Lubbock's lone topless bar, being denied an application for a sexually oriented business license. This alone is indeed a very sad day, but the picture next to the story makes up for the sad news. Perhaps it was the conversation in the break room where the paper was brought to my attention by a coworker pointing out the comedy. We both started laughing when a woman picked up the paper and covered up the story and told us the little girl is cute without this nasty little story next to her, to which my friend replied. "I still don't want to see her naked!" This comment sent me over the edge as I turned red from lack of oxygen, both from the witty comment and the look of shock on the woman's face. Priceless!

3 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

It is indeed a dark day for the Hub City. I saw the paper and did not even notice the strange juxtaposition of the photo and story. I would have lost it on that conversation myself.

Crazy Dan said...

I thought I was good with witty replys but that one puts all mine to shame.

Jaime said...

i don't know what's more disturbing, the caption or the fact that the woman next to the little girl has her hand up a pig's ass.